Sunday, December 05, 2004

Met Fun

As you should be aware I like Met's. There are a lot of pages devoted to various other cars and their enjoyment and I want to share my love of this little car with more folks and also express opinions of various topics from time to time.

We (my beloved wife and I) own 2 Mets. A 1959 Hardtop named Ginnie and a 1959 Convertible named Tucker (for where he was purchased - Pawtucket, RI). Both cars originally were Berkshire Green and Frost White and will continue to be so. Ginnie is on the road and running like a champ however, when Tucker is restored and back on the road we will do some major work on Ginnie.

The hardtop was afflicted by the PO (previous owner) by the fix it fast and cheap syndrome. Consequently it was not pristine when we got it and we were rather naive when we were restoring it that we didn't do the thorough job we should have. Therefore we painted over a lot of bondo and we used 2 part paint which I have found out since was a mistake. I learned the hard way and the sure way. Tucker will have a thorough job done on him and 3 fenders are off right now. I have been at the puter today wriging this dang thing so the other fender will not be off this weekend.

Mets are curious little buggers as many devotees will tell you. We get more looks than a $ 150K Corvette and have twice the fun. I originally wanted to buy a Vette and am now glad I didn't. I want to show folks some of the fun they will be having when they work on one of these little gems.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?